There is a special category of smartwatches that goes a long way among sports and physical activity lovers. We are talking about sports watches, watches that, as you can guess from the name, have special features designed specifically for those who train. In addition to the classic data on steps taken and kilometers traveled, they also offer advanced statistics, as well as training plans that allow you to reach the peak of form at the moment you need. There are companies that have specialized in this market niche and that in recent years have launched several models, all with unique characteristics. The price is usually higher than that of a normal smartwatch, but the features offered are really very useful.
In this small buying guide, we have selected 5 of the best sports watches available on Amazon and listed their main features.
COROS PACE 2
- It was the lightest GPS watch on the market at its launch – from 29g with the new COROS Nylon band with a battery life of 20 days of regular use, 30 hours in full GPS mode.
- It has built-in running power metrics from the wrist plus native and complete integration with Stryd power meters.
- It features running, cycling, swimming, cardio, strength, and water sports modes with ongoing support and updates.
- It includes an optical heart rate monitor, barometric altimeter, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, and thermometer with 24/7 heart rate monitoring, sleep, step, and calorie tracking.
Garmin Forerunner 935
- Premium GPS running/triathlon watch with wrist-based heart rate. Strap material: Silicone. Bezel Material: Fiber-reinforced polymer. Smartphone compatibility: iPhone, Android, Windows.
- It offers advanced running and multisport features in a comfortable watch you can wear all day, and it only weighs 49 grams.
- It provides elevation changes with a built-in barometer. An altimeter and electronic compass help you keep your bearings.
- It evaluates your training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it and offers additional performance monitoring features.
- It provides advanced dynamics for running, cycling, and swimming, including ground contact time balance, stride length, and more.
Polar Vantage M2
- It allows you to improve your training performance with insights about your current condition and support for 130+ sports including swimming and cycling. Automatically sync training data to Strava, TrainingPeaks, and more.
- It automatically tracks your sleep and recovery so you know when you can safely push your body further. Up to 30 hours of training time with GPS active.
- The running program helps you achieve your running goals with efficiency and precision. FitSpark offers personalized workout suggestions which include cardio and strength training and supportive exercises (core and mobility).
- Training Load Pro tracks your load and ensures you’re recovered. FuelWise smart fueling assistant reminds you to refuel and maintain adequate energy levels during your longer sessions with this ultimate fitness and biking activity tracker.
- Other features include music controls, weather, call/text notifications, and more.
Amazfit T-Rex Pro
In one of the latest articles, we spoke about the Amazfit T-Rex 2, which was just recently released. The T-Rex Pro is the previous version.
- It comes with a 1.3″ HD AMOLED always-on color screen. The outer bezel undergoes a metal-spraying process, which enhances the rich textures of the light 60g watch body. Having passed 15 military-grade tests, this smartwatch can battle with you through hot deserts, humid rainforests, and polar glaciers.
- It is a high-level exploration partner, supporting four global navigation satellite systems, a blood-oxygen saturation measurement system, a heart rate monitor, a sleep monitor, a weather tracker, a sunrise and sunset monitor, a current moon phase display, a compass and barometric altimeter.
- When fully charged, you can relax and enjoy up to 18 days of activity and progress with typical usage, up to 9 days with heavy usage, or up to 40 hours with GPS continuous working mode.
- With a 10 ATM grade, it is water-resistant to a depth of up to 100 meters and can accompany you as you surf, swim, or explore the mysterious underwater world.
- It features over 100 sports modes and can be used to monitor critical data such as workout heart rate, distance traveled, movement speed, and calories burned in real-time for most sports modes, to help you track and improve your athletic performance.
- It notifies you of any incoming text messages or calls, scheduled alarms, and events, to prevent you from missing any important information. It can also easily control music playback.
Apple watch series 7
The Apple Watch Series 7 is Apple’s latest smartwatch, featuring a larger always-on Retina display, a more rounded design with a larger casing, improved durability, and faster charging.
- It is the most advanced Apple Watch and features powerful health innovations like sensors and apps to measure your blood oxygen and take an ECG. The larger, Always-On Retina display makes it easier to use and read. The most durable Apple Watch. Charges faster so you can get going quicker.
- It is available in a range of sizes and materials, with dozens of bends to choose from. You can change up your look by switching your bend or by customizing your watch face in millions of ways.
- It is built to be tough, more crack-resistant, dust resistant, and swim-proof.
- You can send a text, make a call, listen to music and podcasts, use Siri, or call for help with Emergency SOS. Series 7 (GPS) works with your iPhone or Wi-Fi to keep you connected.
- You can always keep an eye on your blood oxygen thanks to a revolutionary sensor and app. Take an ECG anytime. Get irregular heart rhythm notifications. Track your sleep. Use fall detection as a safety feature that can call for help if you need it.
- It works seamlessly with your Apple devices and services. Listen to music with your AirPods. Unlock your Mac automatically. Find your devices with a tap. Pay and send money with Apple Pay. Apple Watch requires an iPhone 6s or later with the latest iOS version.
- It helps you stay active. It has advanced sensors that track all the ways you move and measure your favorite workouts. And it comes with three months of Apple Fitness+ free.
- You can easily and instantly use useful apps like Calendar, Wallet, and Mindfulness, or expand what your watch can do with tens of thousands of apps on the App Store.
- Every Apple Watch comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary technical support. Get AppleCare+ to extend your coverage and reduce the stress and cost of unexpected repairs.